Last Updated: December 1, 2017
We are not responsible for he content or privacy practices on any website not operated by The Heel Shoe Fitters, to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
1. Information Collected
We collect information from you in several ways on this Site. Our goal in collecting information from you is to provide a meaningful and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than one.
- Help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- Help us create content that is more relevant to you.
- Alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of the Site or ordering products, you must complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address (es), phone number, email address, and credit card number. If you have elected to use the Pick Up in Store method, you will be asked to provide your name and/or phone number in store upon pick up. We may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organizations country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. This personal information is used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem while processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
- Email Addresses. The Site allows you to enter your email address to sign up for our newsletter. Your registration for our newsletter is voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us.
- Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, the Site employs cookies to recognize you and your access privileges, and track your site usage.
- As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer’s personal information collected by us.
- Log Files. The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the internet.)
- We respect the privacy of children. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 13. Elsewhere on the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian to assist you.
- Product Reviews. You may choose to submit a review. If you post a review, we will ask to verify your purchase before you can leave a review. We will ask for the email address associated with your online account to confirm you are a verified buyer of the product(s). If you submit a review, your geographic location will be visible to other users (your email address will be kept private). Also, any personally identifiable information that you submit as part of the review can be read or used by other visitors to the Site. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit as part of your review. We believe you can submit a helpful review without disclosing any personal information.
2. Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal use. We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use your personal information to improve the Sites’ content and layout, to improve outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site.
- Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and deliveries. We may send you a confirmation email when you register with us and send you a service-related announcement when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) You may also submit your email address to sign up for our newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email, we use it to deliver the information to you. You may always unsubscribe or opt out of future emails at any time (see the opt out section, below, for more details.) Because we have to communicate with you about order that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
- External Orders. We want to provide you with the best service and offer you best selection. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than the affiliates under The Heel Shoe Fitters control, except that:
- As do must catalog and Internet retailers, we sometimes use other to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such as the U.S. Postal Service) to ship products, to ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. We provide our third parties some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- To help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-service corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order place on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly identify you or any user.
The Site uses physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. , including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the hosting of our website. We believe that their security procedures are adequate.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchase through that account.
Please do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
Offline collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
European Union or EEA Member States
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing questions about this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
Data Protection Officer
Updates to This Policy